Thing 2 - Blogging

Sooooo... here it comes. The first post for this new blog.

Well, I think I'll talk a little about why I'm participating in Rudai 23.

My current job is as a solo librarian, which means attending professional development activities happening outside the organisation is tricky. I rely a lot on online resources and networking to keep up to date with both LIS-related and subject area-related (read: Education) information. Rudai 23 provides me with a fun and simple way of learning about new social media tools. The best thing is: it's run and followed by other information professionals, many of whom I know in real life, so there will be a lot of interaction and, no doubt, a fair amount of slagging😉.

I've contributed to LibFocus and the blog of the International Librarians' Network, so am familiar with the technical side of blogs. But what is hardest for me is to write regularly. Hopefully, the Rudai 23 team will remind us to keep going😌

For the title I chose "growing" as a theme. Not only am I a keen gardener and lover of plants, but the whole idea of this course is to grow your knowledge and learn new skills. So out of this little seed, uhm, post some mighty ideas might germinate.


Roses/War Memorial Gardens Dublin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thing 3: Image Banks

Thing 4 - Communicating Visually