Thing 3: Image Banks

Oh, using images in a teaching resource... yes, that is a common request in my library! So thank to the Rudaí team I now have picture databases to share.

For the Academic and Special Libraries Section we use Flickr to share photos of our events, which I why I wanted to try some of the other options cited.

I have heard of Pixabay before, but have never used it. So this is the picture I downloaded for this post:

(Source: https://pixabay.com/en/pieniny-landscape-tree-autumn-1012425/)

I'm quite a visual person, so love using photographs, cartoons and other images in the montly library newsletter. It'll will be great to explore these image banks further. 

A lot of the library users (mainly teachers and tutors) are confused with all the terminology involved: 'creative commons', 'copyrighted', etc. I feel much more confident now with advising them on the proper use of other people's creations. Which includes, of course, "please cite the source".

Comments

  1. I'm delighted that you are much more confident in advising on citing which can be confusing for a lot of people!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thing 4 - Communicating Visually